Social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, forums, and a wide array of blogs is an excellent avenue for meeting your current and prospective customers. Presently, it is undoubtedly the best medium for building followers and a solid online fan base. Consider these:
• Google websites handle approximately 100 billion searches every month
• Facebook has more than 1.2 billion monthly active users
• YouTube has more than 1 billion monthly active users and videos are viewed about 1 billion times every day via mobile
• Google+ has more than 540 million monthly active users
• Twitter has more than 255 million monthly active users
• Instagram has more than 200 million monthly active users
• LinkedIn has more than 187 million monthly active users
• Pinterest has more than 40 million monthly active users
• 12 million users blog through social networking sites
Why You Need to Unify Your Social Media and SEO Campaigns
There are plenty of marketers that create social media campaigns as a separate marketing strategy, instead of as a chance for cross-platform optimisation and integration, more particularly, with SEO or search engine optimisation. For a greater impact, SEO and social media should be presented as a whole package and implemented together, suggests Digitise My Business.
Consider this: algorithmic rankings of search engines depend to some extent on the quality and quantity of inbound links going to your site, meaning that a well-executed SEO campaign goes together with link building. Likewise, since links are considered incentives for excellent website content, your site should have original content that people will want to share through social media.
In this light, adapting your SEO campaign to integrate social media may present an untapped and enormous opportunity to reach out to more people.
SEO and Social Media Integration
Integrating your SEO campaign to your social media efforts is not that hard, but if you don’t know what you’re doing, better invest in someone who does. It all begins with a great content strategy that will be combined with your marketing strategy to form one cohesive and unified plan. This will then be supported by properly engaging your current audiences in your social media instead of just pushing your content aggressively on audiences.
Seamless integration, coupled with easy options for social sharing via your site will make your following in social media capable of not only supporting your SEO efforts, but becoming somewhat like spokespeople for your brand as well.